SEGUE imaging sky coverage and plate layout
July 15, 2008 (Complete)
Shown in the figure above is the SEGUE sky coverage in Galactic coordinates
Postscript version of map
- Blue circles: individual 3 degree diameter positions of Galactic
structure plate pairs.
Each plate pair consists of one bright plate
(one hour exposure) and one faint plate (two hour exposure), for a total
of 185 plate pairs.
- Yellow circles: Plates targeting specific structures such as
known open clusters, the Sagittarius dwarf stream, or the Monoceros Ring, for
a total of approximately 15 plate pairs.
- Green lines: completed imaging
- Green dots: completed spectroscopic observations
- Magenta lines: new SEGUE scans to be obtained
of the possible path of Monoceros dwarf tidal stream.
(node, incl) = (259.9, 43.2), (325.1, 50.81).
The two lines cross at the location of M31.
- Dashed cyan (light blue) line indicates limit of SEGUE imaging
(declination > -20 degrees)
*Schlegel, Finkbeiner & Davis, ApJ 1998
- The darkened, dusty background is the SFD* reddening map
[E(B-V) at each position]
with center shifted to
(l,b) = (120,0).
- Black lines: completed SDSS imaging
- Red Line: path of Sagittarius Dwarf (node, incl) = (32, 35).