SDSS Trip Report
Manipulator and Instrument Lift Work
Apr 2-5, 1999
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Batavia, IL 60510 USA
The following items were addressed on our last trip to APO:
- Mounted new operator handles on inside and outside Manipulators. The
new handles are pultruded Polyester Fiberglass with the grip switch on
- Mounted longer fork tines on the outdoor Manipulator.
- Mounted accumulator on Instrument Lift. We were unable to bleed the
system because the telescope could not be exposed. I have explained
to French the bleeding procedure, a 5 Min. job.
- We were unable to replace the rack on the outdoor Manipulator due
to weather conditions Sunday morning. This is low priority and can be done
later. The new rack is stored out of the way in the support building.
- The air leaks in the interior manipulator had already been fixed by APO
Comments regarding this trip report should be addressed to
Carl Lindenmeyer at (630) 840-4024.
Last modified 04/09/99